The Best Utility Sink Pump for Your Home
As a homeowner, having a utility sink is an essential part of your home. It is a versatile tool that can be used for various purposes, such as washing dirty items, cleaning equipment, and soaking clothes. However, the proper disposal of wastewater is a significant concern when using a utility sink. Therefore, it is essential to have the best utility sink pump to ensure that your wastewater is effectively disposed of without any issues.
What is a Utility Sink Pump?
A utility sink pump is a tool that helps move wastewater from your utility sink to your drainage destination, whether it’s a septic tank, a sanitary sewer, or a greywater system. When installed correctly, the pump provides a quick solution to expand the location of your sink.
Why Do You Need a Utility Sink Pump?
If you’re wondering why you need a utility sink pump, here are some reasons:
1. Improved hygiene: Without a functional pump, wastewater is retained in the sink, leading to contamination and odors.
2. Space-saving: A utility sink pump provides you with the flexibility to move your sink installation to a location that optimizes floor space.
3. Cost-effective: Installing a utility sink pump is cost-effective because you don’t need to break the floor and re-plumb the pipes to optimize your sink location.
Types of Utility Sink Pumps
There are two primary types of utility sink pumps available on the market:
1. Submersible Utility Sink Pumps: This type of utility sink pump is installed directly in the sink or a sump pit. They are easy to install and operate without producing noise.
2. Non-Submersible Utility Sink Pumps: This type of pump is placed entirely outside the basin or sink. They are designed to be drained by a gravity flow system.
How to Choose the Best Utility Sink Pump
When choosing the best utility sink pump, you need to consider several factors:
1. Type of Pump: You need to decide whether you want a submersible or non-submersible pump.
2. Pumping Capacity: Consider the amount of wastewater your sink produces, and match the capacity of the pump to your needs.
3. Durability: Ensure that your utility sink pump is durable and can withstand frequent use.
4. Price: Consider your budget before making a purchase.
Top Picks for the Best Utility Sink Pumps
Here are some of the best utility sink pumps on the market:
|Superior Pump 91250||Submersible||1,800 gallons per hour||$51.30|
|Wayne VIP50||Submersible||2,500 gallons per hour||$185.00|
|Zoeller 105-0001||Non-Submersible||10,000 gallons per hour||$278.25|
|Little Giant 505055||Non-Submersible||1,200 gallons per hour||$148.60|
A utility sink pump is an essential accessory for any homeowner. It enables you to have a clean and hygienic workspace while saving on floor space. When shopping for a utility sink pump, consider the type of pump, pumping capacity, durability, and price. The Superior Pump 91250, Wayne VIP50, Zoeller 105-0001, and Little Giant 505055 are some of the best utility sink pumps on the market. Purchase any of these and enjoy all the benefits of having a utility sink pump in your home.