Best Total Blackout Window Shades: Create a Nighttime Oasis in Your Bedroom
Do you have trouble falling asleep or staying asleep because of the glare from street lamps or the glow of the moon? Are you a shift worker who needs to sleep during the day but finds it impossible because the room is too light? If so, it’s time to invest in the best total blackout window shades.
Why Total Blackout Shades?
There are several benefits to total blackout shades:
- They block out all light, creating a dark environment that is perfect for sleeping.
- They reduce outside noise, helping you sleep soundly and wake up feeling rested.
- They provide privacy, keeping prying eyes from looking in.
- They help regulate the temperature in the room, ensuring that it stays cool and comfortable for sleeping.
When it comes to total blackout shades, there are a few different options to choose from. Some are more effective than others, so it’s important to do your research before making a purchase.
Types of Total Blackout Shades
There are three main types of total blackout shades:
|Cellular or Honeycomb Shades||This type of shade has a double-layered or triple-layered design that traps air and prevents heat transfer, making them ideal for insulation. They are made from a variety of materials, such as polyester, cotton or wool.||The cellular design provides excellent insulation and energy efficiency. They can help to reduce outside noise.||They can be expensive. The cords or the remote control can break easily.|
|Roman Shades||A roman shade is made from one continuous piece of fabric that folds up into pleats when it is raised. The shades are made from a variety of materials, such as cotton, silk or linen. They come in a wide range of styles, colors and patterns to match any decor.||They can provide good insulation and energy efficiency. They come in a variety of styles and materials to match any decor.||They can be expensive. The cords can break easily.|
|Roller Shades||Roller shades are made from a single piece of fabric that rolls up and down on a roller. They are made from a variety of materials, such as vinyl, polyester, and cotton. They come in a variety of styles, colors and patterns.||They are less expensive than other types of shades. They can be customized to fit any window size.||They are less effective at insulating against heat and noise than other types of shades. The cords can break easily.|
Choosing the Best Total Blackout Window Shades
When choosing the best total blackout shades for your needs, there are several factors you should consider:
- Material: Look for shades made from high-quality materials that are durable and long-lasting. If you’re sensitive to the smell of plastic, avoid vinyl shades.
- Size and Fit: Measure your windows carefully and choose shades that fit snugly. If your shades are too small or too large, they won’t be effective at blocking out light.
- Style: Choose a shade style that complements your room decor.
- Functionality: Consider how you want to operate your shades. Do you prefer a corded or cordless option? Do you want to be able to open and close them remotely?
Overall, there are many great options for total blackout window shades on the market today. Whether you choose cellular shades, roman shades, or roller shades, be sure to choose a high-quality product that fits well and complements your decor. With the right shades in place, you’ll be able to create a dark, peaceful oasis in your bedroom that will help you sleep soundly and wake up feeling rested and refreshed.