Relieve Your Pain with the Best Knee Braces for Osgood-Schlatter Disease
Osgood-Schlatter (OS) disease is incredibly painful, especially for pre-teens and teenagers. This condition usually affects children who are going through growth spurts, which weakens their bones leading to knee pain, inflammation, and swelling. Luckily, there are knee braces specially designed to help control the stress on your child’s knees, and alleviate some of the symptoms.
In this article, we will take a look at some of the best knee braces for Osgood-Schlatter disease, how they work, and what makes them an excellent choice for your little one.
1. McDavid Knee Brace with Polycentric Hinges
The McDavid Knee Brace is an ideal choice for anyone struggling with OS disease, providing plenty of compression support to help stabilize the knee while alleviating the painful symptoms of the condition. Using innovative engineering technology, the McDavid Knee Brace incorporates a variety of features that work together to give your child a secure fit that’s comfortable even during physical activity.
One such feature is the presence of polycentric hinges which provide natural movement support and prevent any unnatural strain on the knee. Plus, the brace material is soft but flexible, providing both support and comfort thus ensuring that your child is comfortable and able to stay active.
Pros of McDavid Knee Brace with Polycentric Hinges
- Provides essential support for natural movement
- Its comfortable-looking material lets your kid play actively
- Offers superior compression support to improve stability and control
Cons of McDavid Knee Brace with Polycentric Hinges
- Might not fit small children due to their bigger sizes
- Might wear out quickly from constant use and washing
2. Neo G Knee Brace
The Neo G Knee Brace is perfect for anyone who suffers from OS disease as it helps improve overall knee stability, reduces discomfort, and relieves injury pain. The brace’s medical-grade design is built to provide maximum support relief while remaining fully flexible thus allowing your child to stay active during physical activities.
Made from high-quality materials that feature moisture-wicking technology, the Neo G Knee Brace is moisture-resistant and breathable, ensuring your child stays comfortable and dry at all times.
Pros of Neo G Knee Brace
- Features a medical-grade design providing sufficient support relief
- Constructed from high-quality material developed with moisture-wicking technology
- The moisture-resistant feature ensures the kid remains dry all day
Cons of Neo G Knee Brace
- Sizing may not fit every child
- The top of the support does not curve enough to securely hold to the leg.
3. Shock Doctor Knee Brace Compression Sleeve
The Shock Doctor Knee Brace Compression Sleeve is designed to give your child the much-needed comfort they need while dealing with the painful symptoms of OS disease. With a unique compression design, the sleeve eliminates any unnecessary movements that may worsen the condition while promoting natural knee movement without restrictive straps.
This particular knee brace is suitable for athletes who are suffering from OS disease, as it provides a snug and secure fit, ensuring they stay fully protected while on the field.
Pros of Shock Doctor Knee Brace Compression Sleeve
- Eliminates unnecessary movements that can worsen the condition
- Provides natural movement without use of restrictive straps
- Gives a safe and secure fit, which makes it ideal for athletes with Osgood-Schlatter’s disease.
Cons of Shock Doctor Knee Brace Compression Sleeve
- The inner lining may collect some sweat on hot days
- The sizing may not be perfect as it may slide down or roll up during use.
In conclusion, there are different types of knee braces available in the market to aid those who suffer from OS disease. These braces help alleviate any pain, swelling or inflammation, and provide the necessary support to improve the overall stability and mobility of your child’s knees.
It is crucial to note that different knee braces have unique qualities, and what works for one person may not work for another. Therefore, it is recommended that you consult your doctor to determine which brace suits your child best, and when in doubt, choose one of the popular brands mentioned above, and you’re off to a good start.